Introduction to Marketing Management
In the free online course Introduction to Marketing Management learn about the marketing process and how organizations conduct marketing. Effective marketing is essential in order for a business to be successful so it is important to have knowledge in the area.
The course begins by introducing you to the process of marketing. You will learn how the marketing process operates. You will be introduced to core marketing concepts that are important to know before conducting any marketing. You will also learn about real-world examples where different companies have either failed or succeeded in their marketing strategy.
Next, you will learn about how services are marketed. You will learn how the marketing of services is different to the marketing of goods. You will learn how marketing theory has changed over the years and what marketing theory is prevalent today. Finally, you will learn about the limitations that can exist with marketing theory. You will also learn about criticisms that have been made about marketing theory. This will give you a broad view of the advantages and disadvantages of marketing.
This free course will be of great interest to business professionals and those who want to learn about the basics of marketing in the modern world.
Having completed this course you will be able to:
– Define the process and function of marketing;
– Describe how the marketing process works;
– Discuss core marketing concepts;
– Discuss examples of good and bad marketing;
– Discuss how marketing of services differs from marketing of goods;
– Discuss how marketing theory has evolved up until today;
– and discuss limitations and criticisms of marketing theory.
All Alison courses are free to study. To successfully complete a course you must score 80% or higher in each course assessments. Upon successful completion of a course, you can choose to make your achievement formal by purchasing an official Alison Diploma, Certificate or PDF .
Having an official Alison document is a great way to celebrate and share your success. It is:
- Ideal to include with CVs, job applications and portfolios
- A way to show your ability to learn and achieve high results