Top trends in Orange County Hiring
Orange County Job Trends
Monster Intelligence dug into who s hiring and for what in Orange County these days. If you re recruiting in this market, you ll want to know what we found.
A diverse economy and well-educated workforce, Orange County leads the region in growth and prosperity and is a strong contributor to new jobs. The biggest drivers of job growth are Orange County s tourism and construction industries fueled by the popularity of Disneyland and Knott s Berry Farm, and the demand for housing and commercial space. The area has created 54,000 new jobs over the past 12-months; the unemployment rate in Orange County was 3.9% in April 2016 which was 1.1 percentage points below the national rate of 5.0%.
By April 2016, 1.6 million workers were employed in the Orange County area, and the county accounts for 14% of all jobs posted in California on Monster. To give you some insight into what your recruiting competitors are up to, our Monster Intelligence team analyzed data from the CEB TalentNeuron tool to identify which companies are posting the most jobs, and which jobs are most listed, and which jobs are most searched. As expected, a diverse range of positions are most in-demand in Orange County that includes: registered nurses, software developers, retail salespersons and marketing managers.
What are companies hiring for?
Top Orange County Occupations by Employment:
- Administrative Supervisors
- Retail Supervisors
- Human Resources
- Operating Production Managers
Top Jobs in Orange County:
- Registered Nurses (RNs)
- Software Developers, Applications
- Retail Salespersons
- Marketing Managers
- Supervisors, Retail Sales
- 41% of available Orange County jobs are for Technology, Sales, and Healthcare workers
- Of all open technology positions, 41% of available Technology jobs are for Software Developers
- Of all open sales positions, 36% of available Sales jobs are for Retail
- Of all open healthcare positions, 41% of available Healthcare jobs are for Nurses
Most Common Orange County Jobs Include:
Median pay: $88,910
Software Developers, Applications
Median pay: $108,700
Median pay: $28,080
Median pay: $135,260
What are job seekers looking for?
Most viewed Orange County jobs:
- Secretaries and Administrative Assistants
- Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing
- Customer Service Representatives
- Software Developers and Programmers
- Miscellaneous Engineers (e.g., Validation Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, etc.)
Top Orange County job searches:
- Customer Service
- Administrative Assistant
- Part Time
- Human Resources
Want to know more about the top trends in Orange County hiring? Check out the Orange County Market Overview from Monster Intelligence.
Data finding are based on analysis of all available online jobs reported by the TalentNeuron tool and Monster job seeking activity from more than 22 million unique visitors 1 .
1 comScore Media Metrix, 1Q 2016, 3-month average, (includes all US Mobile + PC traffic)