South Carolina Finance

Mar 6 2018

THE HISTORY of BEDFORD, used military trucks for sale.#Used #military #trucks #for #sale

Used ex.military Bedford TM trucks, tanker trucks, winch trucks, crane trucks, tipper trucks 4×4, 6×6 for sale from the UK. Join Free | Sign in Used military trucks for sale

LJACKSON AND CO LTD The UK’s leading suppliers of Ex.MOD/ NATO military forces vehicles and Equipment

– More 200 Ex.military Bedford TM and MJ trucks available at any one time

– Military reliability and High quality for low price

Used military trucks for sale

How to find us?

Our base of operations is “The Rocket Site”, Misson, Bawtry, Doncaster DN10 6ET

which is a 60 acre, former Ex Military Air Defence Bloodhound Missile Site.

Open 09.00 – 17.00 hrs Monday – Friday

Used military trucks for sale


We specialise in the sale of good quality used Ex.military Bedford TM and MJ trucks,

tanker trucks, winch trucks, crane trucks, tipper trucks 4×4, 6×6 as was formerly owned by NATO forces and which has done little work during it’s life..

Used military trucks for sale


– A range of Bedford TM trucks, tipper, tanker 4X4, 6X6 to suit all customer needs.

– Fully-equipped field service military vehicles with advanced diagnostic equipment.

Used military trucks for sale


In 1925, GM took ownership of Vauxhall Motors, production was transferred from Hendon to Luton, Vauxhall’s headquarters, production commencing there in 1929.

A large part of Bedford’s original success in breaking into the UK and British Empire markets lay in the overhead valve (OHV) six cylinder Chevrolet engine, now known as Chevrolet Stove Bolt 6 – well ahead of its time, this smooth running inline six cylinder engine was to form the basis of Bedford and Vauxhall petrol engines almost until the marque ceased building trucks and buses.

A change in design of the WLG produced the WTL, with its cab, internal combustion engine and radiator moved forward to allow a 14 feet (4.3 m) bodylength. In 1935, the WTB bus version appeared, and the WS and VYC models were updated – the latter being redesignated BYC as it was fitted with the engine and synchromesh gearbox of the Big Six Vauxhall cars. The 5-6 cwt. HC light van was introduced in 1938, based on the Vauxhall Ten car, and the WT and WS acquired a newly styled grill.

The 1939 K-, M-, and O-series lorries were quickly redesigned for military use. This was largely a matter of styling, involving a sloping bonnet with a flat front with headlights incorporated and a crash bar to protect the radiator in a minor collision. The military versions were designated OX and OY series, and again were put to a wide range of tasks, including mobile canteens, tankers, general purpose lorries, and a version with a Tasker semi-trailer used by the Royal Air Force to transport dismantled or damaged aircraft.

This variant was popularly known as the “Queen Mary”.

A number of Bedford OXD 1.5 ton chassis were converted to make the Bedford OXA armoured vehicle. A total of 72,385 OY and 24,429 OX lorries were built. The Armadillo was an OY fitted for airfield defence with Lewis guns and an ex-aircraft COW 37 mm gun.

A radical departure from Bedford’s design norms came in October 1939, with the development of a four-wheel drive, forward control lorry, which entered service in March 1941 as the QL, quickly nicknamed the “Queen Lizzie”. As with the MW and OY / OX models, the QL went on to serve in a large number of roles, such as artillery tractor, gun porter, command vehicle, wireless lorry and petrol tanker, as well as the troop-carrying QLD, the most common variant. An experimental version used the track unit of a bren gun carrier, or Universal Carrier, as an answer to the German half-track vehicles, which had superior cross country capacity.

Many QLs and other Bedford World War II military vehicles served with the British Army, and other forces into the 1960s, and many others were purchased for civilian use after the war.

The resultant need to continue truck production brought about the development of the new Bedford Dunstable plant, which came online in 1942.

1952 saw the launch of the Bedford CA light commercial, a range of vans and pick-ups similar in concept and size to (although pre-dating) the Ford Transit of 1965.

The van initially featured a three-speed column gearchange, changing later on to a four-speed column change.

The 1950s also saw the launch of the popular S type trucks, the so-called Big Bedfords, which brought Bedford into the 7 ton range. The S series was immortalised in RL form – a four-wheel drive, high ground clearance version, as the “Green Goddess” emergency fire tender, managed by the British Army, and until recently, still used in the event of fire-service industrial action or serious emergencies as of the 21st century. As part of a rationalisation, large quantities of Green Goddesses have, as of 2008, been earmarked for withdrawal, and offered for sale within the private sector. Several have found new homes in African countries that lack a developed fire-fighting service, such as Kenya.[1]

The ‘T’ designation meant “truck”, so the range is generally referred to as the A series. Numbers 2, 3, 4 and 5; as in A2, etc., identified the weight rating. A factory-fitted Perkins diesel engine was an option. The TA (A) series was updated in 1957, and became the TJ, or J series. The C series of 1957 was a forward-control derivative of the S series, and outwardly very similar to it.

Part of the reason for the CF’s relative unpopularity was the use of the slant 4 SOHC petrol engine from the FD and FE Vauxhall Victor – which was notoriously rough running, had high fuel consumption, and was susceptible to cam belt breakage. However, the CF became very popular as a base of special bodied ice cream vans and mobile shops. The later CF2 used the more reliable Opel Ascona engine.

It was never as popular as the model range it succeeded. The Bedford TM was the largest of all the modern Bedfords, with payloads available up to 42 tonnes GTW permissible.

In 1998, GM bought Isuzu out of the IBC partnership. The plant now operates as GMM Luton, and produces the Vauxhall / Opel Vivaro, Renault Trafic and Nissan Primastar.[3]

Due to cheaper competition and the virtual collapse of the UK market in which AWD competed in 1989/90, the company went into receivership in 1992 and was bought by dealer network Marshall of Cambridge.

The griffin returned to Luton in 1903 when Vauxhall Motors moved there.

Used military trucks for sale

Written by admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *